1. Membership: The Membership of the library is open for the teaching staff, students and non-teaching staff of the Shivaji College.
A non-member is not admitted to the library except for special permission from the Principal, Shivaji college.
2. Library Hours: Library remains open Monday to Saturday (except for Gazette Holidays) from 9.00 a.m.
to 5.30 p.m.for the users.
3. Library Membership Card: The Identify Card issued to the students from the College is also
their Library Membership Card. The Books are issued to the users on the production of valid Identity Card. The number of books and the period of
loan/borrowing of books for different category of members are as follows:
||No. of Books
||Loan/ Borrowing Period
||1 Full Semester
||M. A Students
||Under Graduate Students
4. Loss of Library Membership Card(I-Card): The student who loses or damages his Identity Card shall make a written report to the Office
of the College and S/he will be issued a duplicate Identify Card from the Office of the College as per College Rules.
Member shall be held responsible for any misuse of Lost or damaged Identity Card.
5. Borrowing of Books: Books can be borrowed from the Library on any working day i.e. Monday to Friday (except for Gazetted Holidays) between 9.30 a.m.
to 4.30 p.m. on production of valid membership card (I-Card).
The Library follows open access systems, thus, the Borrowers can select the books of their choice from the library stacks. The Borrowers will have to produce the books with
the valid membership Card (I-Card) to the Counter Assistant on the Circulation Counters for borrowing and returning purposes. Before borrowing the book the Borrowers must satisfy
themselves about any mutilation or damage to the physical condition of the books, otherwise they will be held responsible for the same at the time of returning of book.
The users will be required to replace the lost copy with its new copy failing which s/he will be charged the cost of book for the lost book and the repair charges in case of damaged book.
A book issued to a library member may be reserved for borrowing by the other library members by filling up the book reservation form.
The Reference, Rare and Reserve Books are only for consultation in the Library premises only and are not issued to the users.
The Librarian can recall any book at any time before the due date, if the situation so warrants.
6. Fine: The Books are issued for a fortnight. The users are required to return the books by the due date. The users shall be charged a fine of Rs. 2 per volume per day
if a book is kept beyond the period of loan. The user who repeatedly fails to return the books on due date will lose the privilege of membership of the library