This year, the Department of Business Economics is celebrating its 10th year of establishment in the College. It organized its annual festival Invoke 2016 with Panel Discussion as the flagship event on the topic “Start-ups: Scope, issues and challenges”.
- Attended a Faculty Development Program on ‘Advance Research Techniques in Finance’ organized by Bharti College , University of Delhi from 16th -21nd of November,2015.
- Attended a Faculty Development Program on Data Analysis for Social Sciences organized by Sri Aurobindo College, University of Delhi on 17th October, 2015.
- Contributed three chapters for the prestigious E-Pathshala project of UGC.
- First Topper: Tripti Grover
- Second Topper: Samarth Aggarwal
- First Topper: Rhythm Jain
- Second Topper: Chakshu Bhandari
Students of B.A. (Hons.) Business Economics participated in StockMIND Season 4 and Rachit of B.A. (Hons.) Business Economics was declared college winner. Students also participated in inter-college sports competition Runbhoomi and brought laurels for the college.
The department organized an industrial visit to the Catch Bottling Unit (under the aegis of Dharam Pal Satyapal Group) in Kullu district, Himachal Pradesh. The students observed various techniques of bottling water and learned about the various channels of distribution and packaging. The students were informed about the various norms followed by the company and the regulations it is supposed to follow. Also the manager of the plant distributed free samples to the students so that the students too could enjoy the good natural quality water.