Achievements of the Department:
- The Department organized a workshop on ” Astrophysics, Cosmology & Computation” on February 12, 2016. Eminent speakers like Prof. Anjan Ananda Sen, Center for Theoretical Physics, Jamia Milia Islamia, Prof. Patrick Dasgupta, Department of Physics and Astrophysics, University of Delhi and Prof. V. Ravishankar , Department of Physics, IIT Delhi were invited to present talks on the occasion. Overwhelming response of 250 registered participants from various colleges of University of Delhi was a major highlight of the workshop.
- Physics department conducted National Graduate Physics Examination (NGPE)-2016 organised by All India Physics Teachers Association (AIPTA) on 24th January, 2016. About 20 students of BSc (H) Physics wrote the exam. 3 students were awarded with certificate of merit and qualified for the next level.
- Innovation Projects:
- The faculty and students of Physics department were involved in the following innovation projects in collaboration with the computer science department “Smart Switch: Make your life easy.”
- Six students of B.Sc. (Hons.) Physics, accompanied by the faculty Mr. Vishal Chaudhary, attended the National Science Day Workshop on Accelerator Physics on February 28, 2016 at National Science Center, Delhi.
- Students of B.Sc. (H) Physics (Sem VI), Sahil Chadha, Nikita Sharma, Jyoti Sheoran and Sanjeev Kumar qualified the Joint Admission Test (JAM) 2016 for post graduation from IISC & IITs with rank 18, 93, 409 and 769 respectively. Sahil and Nikita also qualified the JEST 2016 exam with ranks 33 and 55 respectively for admission to IISERs, TIFR, Hyderabad & HRI, Allahabad.
Ms. Mamta published the following articles:
- Efficient second and third harmonic generation from relativistic laser plasma interactions. Physics of Plasmas Vol. 22, Pg no-0663303, ISSN: 1070-664X, 2015
- Temporally asymmetric laser pulse for magnetic field generation in Plasmas. Physics Letters A Vol. 380, Pg No-1437-144, ISSN: 0375-9601, 2016.
- Plasma based optical guiding of an amplitude modulated electromagnetic beam. Proceedings of SPIE Vol. 9654, Pg no-96541R, ISSN: 0277-786X, 2015.
- Amplitude saturation effects of a laser driven plasma beat-wave on electron oscillations. Journal of Plasma Physics Vol. 81, Pg No-905810324, ISSN: 0022-3778, 2015.
Mr. Shiv Shankar Gaur published the following articles:
- Electrochemical sensitive determination of nanomolar Guanine from ZnO nanorods coated on Platinum Electrode. Electroanalysis Vol. 27, Issue-11, Pg No-2537-2543, ISSN: 1521-4109, 2015
Dr. Shiv Shankar Gaur was selected for the Homi Bhabha Science Education Physics Olympiad program held at TIFR, Mumbai from November 30, 2015 to December 3, 2015.