Shivaji College has an active Placement Cell that coordinates not only the hiring activities of the students but organizes various developmental activities that help in personality grooming and also gives them platforms to express themselves and enhance their soft skills.The Placement Cell link on the College Website provides an online registration form where every year the final year students register themselves to avail the placement services of the cell. This facility helps students submit their resumes to be considered for placements to be held in the college. The students are also assisted to register for the Central placement Cell of the University.The students are given intimations about the placement sessions through emails.
Composition of Placement Cell
Every year the Placement Committee has faculty members from various departments who are well versed about the needs of the students and understand the corporate world and career objectives of students.The student coordinators work closely with faculty members and have a very crucial role to play in the placement cell .Apart from collecting data and information about different companies and opportunities available they are the connecting link between the placement cell and eligible students. The names and email ids of all these coordinators are accessible to the final year students who register themselves online for placements.
Events and Developmental activities by Placement Cell
The placement Cell was rechristened as Esperanza (meaning ‘hope’), the Corporate Relations and Placements Committee in October, 2012. Since then it has left no stone unturned to provide the best Placement Opportunities to its students. Apart from hiring activities,the Cell organizes interactive sessions, special lectures and seminars so as to prepare the students for a smooth transition to their professional lives and face the challenges of the corporate world. Over the years a number of reputed organizations have recruited our students,like Thomson Digital (India Today Group), Capital IQ, Genpact,IBM, Infinity School of Management, HCL Technology, AON Hewitt, Jaipur rugs, INFOEDGE, MansukhSecuritied ltd., Jaipur rugs, Teach For India, EgonZehnder International, PC Solutions.
Activities during 2015-16
A Facebook page has been created for inform students about the activities and drives organized by the placement cell.
The following placement drives were organized:
- September 22, 2015: E & Y
- January 21, 2016: Genpact
- November 2, 2015: Concentrix
- February 22, 2016: Gandhi Fellowship (An NGO)
- March 5, 2016: S& P Capital IQ
Stockmind 4 was organized on February 16, 2016 in association with the Department of Business Economics and ICICI Online.
A seminar was organized in association with Ansal University on the March 15, 2016.
Activities during 2014-15
- An internship session with Wechat was conducted on 25th August, 2014, to provide a parttime internship
- A placement session by Concentrix was organized on 3rd November, 2014 in which 58 students were selected.
- A seminar was conducted to equip the students on the art of writing a C.V. on 20th January, 2015.
- A placement session by Genpact was conducted on 22nd January, 2015 in which 124 students were absorbed.
- On 4th March ICICI Prudential Life Insurance Company conducted a placement drive in which 36 students were selected. Students were given an opportunity to connect with the Tata AIA Life Under-Graduate Internship Programme 2015 on 6th February, 2015 and Impact India, a communications solutions firm on 24th December.
Activities during 2013-14
Hiring process began in October, 2011 and the following companies visited Shivaji College.
- 6 September 2013: A session on the ‘Art of CV Writing’
- 23 September 2013: Placement drive by IBM
- 3 October 2013: Psychometric tests were conducted in association with Jaipuria Institute. Tests of this sort are devised by occupational psychologists and their aim is to provide employers with a reliable method of selecting the most suitable job applicants or candidates for promotion.
- 29 October 2013: Placement Drive by Genpact
- 30 October 2013: The Placement Cell, Shivaji College, University of Delhi, invited an academic team from Ireland, (University College Cork). The Team was led by Prof Brian Bocking, Head of School of Asian Studies; 2 senior professors from Dept of English (Dr Maureen O’Connor and Dr Heather Laird); one from Dept of History (Dr Hiram Morgan). The other two (Dr Christopher Shepard (international Education Office representative) and Dr Oliver Scharbrodt ) could not make it as their flight was at the same time of the delayed Talk schedule in the College.
The delegation highlighted and talked about the post-graduate study opportunities and job avenues in Ireland. The students from various streams like History, Geography, Biochemistry, English, Business Economics, and Economics benefited from this interactive session.
- 22 December 2013: Graduate Employability Test in association with NIIT
- 10 January 2014: Placement Drive by Protivity
- 22 January 2014: Pooled campus drive by Markit
- 29 January 2014: Placement session by Esquared
- 10 February 2014: Students were enrolled for a live project by Wechat
- 10 February 2014: A seminar on Career Opportunities for fresh graduates was held in Association with NIIT. Students also got an opportunity to enroll for National IT Aptitude Test to be conducted by NIIT on 16th of February,2014.
- 11 February 2014: Placement drive by Thompson Digital
Sessions lined up are with Art Elements, Net Ambit, Infoedge India Ltd.
Passed out students were given an opportunity to connect with gethired, iData Insights HR, Cs insurance brokers limited.
A number of students also took the benefit of the services of the Central Placement Cell of the University of Delhi.
- 17 December 2013: Sun Life Financial.
- 17 December 2013: Oberoi & Trident Group of Hotels
- 18 December 2013: ING Vysya Bank Internship for First & Second Year Students.
- 18 December 2013: “So What”, Resume Writing and Interview Skills
- 27 January 2014: Perkin Elmer
- 28 January 2014: Wipro